The AU MBA program seeks to satisfy the quality assurance standards set by world-class business programs accreditation organizations such as AACSB and the Association of MBAs.
Human Resource Management
The courses in this concentration provide students with knowledge and skills relating to all aspects of Human Resource Management. A strategic perspective of the Human Resource Management area is highlighted.
- To train students in the theoretical and applied aspects of the core business functions such as accounting, marketing, finance, information systems, and operations management.
- To train students thoroughly in one of the subject area specializations such as Marketing, Financial Management, and Human Resource Management.
- To ensure, with the help of course offering and case studies, that the students communicate effectively, and provide leadership ability, and team-building skills.
- To train students to manage ethical issues and multicultural diversity.
- To equip students with the techniques and strategic tools to recognize, comprehend and analyze the various dimensions of the business environment.
- To promote scholarly research for finding solutions for real-life business problems for the benefit of the academic, business organizations, community, and the nation.
Students have access to all the learning resources offered by AU – library, computer labs, Internet and web platforms, online international business game competitions with students of other eminent institutions, databases for academic journals, and resources of collaborating institutions.
The MBA courses ensure an optimum classroom learning environment to achieve the program’s objectives. Knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation are emphasized in the design and delivery of courses. The system of instruction employed in the MBA program provides a new learning approach that is student-centered and involves discussions, participation, and shared responsibility for learning, co-operation, case analysis, examinations and expert role responsibilities.
The use of technology, simulation and the synthesis of expert knowledge applicable to business organizations in the new economic environment will be the key focus points designed to enhance and ensure the program’s academic quality.
Students are expected to attend and fully participate in all classes. A minimum of 75 percent attendance will be required in each course registered.
Academic Standing for Graduate Students
If the student’s GPA is less than 3.0 after the second semester, he/she will be placed on probation. If the student does not raise his/her CGPA to 3.0 in the following semester, he/she will be placed on a second probation. If the student fails to raise his/her GPA to 3.0 in the following semester, the student will be dismissed from the program.
The Graduate program coordinator may advise an academically warned student to repeat one or more courses to increase his/her chances to raise his/her CGPA to 3.0.
Time Allowed to Complete the MBA Program
The study time for the MBA program is normally two years or four semesters. However, the maximum time allowed to complete the program is 4 years or 8 regular semesters
Study Load for Graduate Students
The study load for a full-time MBA student may rise up to four courses (12 credit hours) per semester depending on his / her CGPA.
A student will be awarded the degree of Master of Business Administration upon meeting the following requirements:
- Completion of the required MBA courses: 12 courses of 3 credit hours each
- Achievement of a CGPA of not less than 3.0
In accordance with the University requirements for graduate degrees, a candidate to be admitted into the MBA program must fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field from a UAE-recognized university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0.
- Students enrolled in the MBA program without prior coursework in the business areas are required to complete the following five foundation courses to be admitted to the program.
- 410808 Organizational Theory & Design
- 102211 Statistics for Business
- 400393 Microeconomics
- 400292 Principles of Accounting I
- 400396 Fundamentals of Finance
- Students with a GPA below 3 may be admitted conditionally.
- A minimum score of 550 on paper-based TOEFL or 6 on IELTS (or its equivalent).
- An Interview with the MBA Admission Committee.
Diese Universität bietet Studiengänge in den folgenden Sprachen an
Zuletzt aktualisiert am June 11, 2018