The AU MBA program seeks to satisfy the quality assurance standards set by world-class business programs accreditation organizations such as AACSB and the Association of MBAs.
The courses in this track/concentration offer knowledge of marketing and help students to develop a wide array of practical skills in the area of marketing management.
The goals of the program are to:
- To help students become knowledgeable in the core business functions including accounting, marketing, finance, and information systems and operations management.
- To provide students with an in-depth knowledge of one of the chosen tracks such as finance, marketing, and human resource management.
- To help students acquire leadership, team-building, communication and problem-solving skills. Further to prepare them to be able to manage ethical issues and multi-cultural diversity needed for managerial positions.
- To prepare students to be proficient in finding scientific solutions for business-related problems and be able to evaluate the business environment and utilize the decision-making technique/s relevant to a given situation.
- MBA graduates will be able to demonstrate knowledge of accounting, marketing, finance, information systems, and operations management. Graduates will prepare technical reports and make presentations on topical issues in accounting, marketing, finance, information systems, and operations management, which will be graded.
- MBA graduates will be able to demonstrate in-depth theoretical and applied knowledge in one of the subject area tracks such as Marketing, Financial Management, and Human Resource Management. Various instruments such as assignments, case analyses, quizzes, examinations, reports, and presentations will be used to evaluate this outcome.
- MBA graduates will be able to demonstrate oral and written communication skills, leadership ability and team building skills. Graduates will prepare project reports and memos. They will also make presentations of their reports to demonstrate their mastery of language and communication skills.
- MBA graduates will be able to identify and manage ethical issues and multicultural diversity. The graduates will analyze case studies involving ethical and diversity issues and prepare reports detailing their understanding of the ethical and diversity dilemmas facing organizations.
- MBA graduates will be able to demonstrate the ability to systematically evaluate the business environment. They will also be able to utilize the quantitative or decision-making technique that is appropriate for the given situation. Graduates will carry out a research project: they will define the problem, design the research methodology, collect information, analyze data using statistical software (SPSS), present results and recommendations, and submit final reports.
- MBA graduates will be able to proceed analytically and provide solutions for a real-life case problem. Correspondingly, the MBA graduates will be able to demonstrate problem-solving skills, analytical thinking, and creative independence. In the capstone course (471007 – Strategic Management), graduates will be assigned different case studies with different problem areas. They will prepare responses in form of reports and presentations to demonstrate their technical knowledge, analytical, and problem-solving, skills, and abilities.
Students are expected to attend and fully participate in all classes. A minimum of 75 percent attendance will be required in each course registered.
Academic Standing for Graduate Students
If the student’s GPA is less than 3.0 after the second semester, he/she will be placed on probation. If the student does not raise his/her CGPA to 3.0 in the following semester, he/she will be placed on a second probation. If the student fails to raise his/her GPA to 3.0 in the following semester, the student will be dismissed from the program.
The Graduate program coordinator may advise an academically warned student to repeat one or more courses to increase his/her chances to raise his/her CGPA to 3.0.
Time Allowed to Complete the MBA Program
The study time for the MBA program is normally two years or four semesters. However, the maximum time allowed to complete the program is 4 years or 8 regular semesters
Study Load for Graduate Students
The study load for a full-time MBA student may rise up to four courses (12 credit hours) per semester depending on his / her CGPA.
A student will be awarded the degree of Master of Business Administration upon meeting the following requirements:
- Completion of the required MBA courses: 12 courses of 3 credit hours each
- Achievement of a CGPA of not less than 3.0
In accordance with the University requirements for graduate degrees, a candidate to be admitted into the MBA program must fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field from a UAE-recognized university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0.
- Students enrolled in the MBA program without prior coursework in the business areas are required to complete the following five foundation courses to be admitted to the program.
- 410808 Organizational Theory & Design
- 102211 Statistics for Business
- 400393 Microeconomics
- 400292 Principles of Accounting I
- 400396 Fundamentals of Finance
- Students with a GPA below 3 may be admitted conditionally.
- A minimum score of 550 on paper-based TOEFL or 6 on IELTS (or its equivalent).
- An Interview with the MBA Admission Committee.
Diese Universität bietet Studiengänge in den folgenden Sprachen an
Zuletzt aktualisiert am June 11, 2018